Do you want to be part of developing the future from an idea on a post-it to a market ready product and service?
If you are an engaged and driven leader, then you are the one we are looking for to be part of our highly motivated team.
Your role as our Software Engineering Manager:
You will lead a dynamic team of Software engineers whose main responsibilities are development within Android Framework, Embedded SW development and/or domain specific development.
Your team is located in our HQ in Lund, you will work in different projects closely together with the team members and various stakeholders within the organization, as well as customers. As a leader, you will drive and motivate a highly experienced team and you will encourage them to take personal responsibility. You define individual and project related goals for all team members and support them to succeed in their daily work.
You will report to the Business unit manager and be a member of the Consumer Products management team, you work strategically together with your fellow managers.
The main tasks are:
- Project responsibilities for your team including resource planning and accountability for the team’s deliveries in all projects.
- Responsible for the technical quality of your team deliveries.
- Business support and customer discussion, which requires technical expertise.
- Responsible of the team’s quotation work, line budget and project budget.
- Continuously improving way of working to improve quality.
- Manage line activities including performance management, salaries, competence development, recruitment.
- Together with the other SW managers, set and drive long term strategic goals for the SW organizations.
- Responsible of technical and competence roadmaps for your team.
- Approximately 15 travelling days per year, mostly within Sweden and Europe is part of the job.
We are looking for a professional with a genuine interest in technology, who is solution-oriented, understand the customers needs to grow their business. You have a background in SW within device development, from small to medium size cross functional projects.
A success factor will be the ability to quickly get an overview and understand our business, build networks within and outside of the company. You need to have a strategic mindset and be structured, but at the same time be flexible and take fast decisions when required. You have an interest in leadership and driving businesses forward. You are highly motivated, and you have an ability to engage and enthuse your employees. You have the ability to understand and analyze technical problems and challenges within own technical area to advice coworkers and take decisions.
What you will be a part of:
This is a chance to be part of a skilled, hard-working and helpful team in an open-minded environment! Our approach is never work alone and everyone should be successful in their work.
- MSc or BSc within computer science, electronics, or equivalent experience within the area.
- Experience in a leading position, leading engineers as line manager or project manager with agile projects.
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written.
- Business driven mindset with experience working directly with external customers.
Preferred additional skills, personal traits and experience
- Experience from embedded real time operating systems including embedded Linux and android system development.
- Experience in SW wireless communications, non-cellular & cellular, especially around integrating technologies into products.
- Experience in integration between electronics and SW.
- Knowledge of device security and edge computing.
- Understanding of quality assurance in development projects – especially customers from industries with strict QA control (for example functional safety, automotive, medtech, etc)
- Experience in consultancy business is an advantage.
- A good network of within the SW development community
- An international working environment
- Opportunity to develop cutting edge technology for market leaders and some of the most demanding customers
- Extensive hardware and software knowledge and all the equipment to build and test complete products and solutions
- Working on a project basis, promoting competence development
- At occasions, working on-site with the customer
- Being part of a wonderful and experienced team where you will never work alone.
- The Sigma Connectivity company culture.
We will continuously evaluate applications for this position so send your application now.
For more information please contact
+46 761 442573
Software development embedded systems, Management
Bhavin Patel, Bhavin.Patel@sigmaconnectivity.se, +46761442573